- Introduction to Nutritional Epidemiology and Microbiology
- Modes of Transmission
- Microorganisms and Disease
- E.Coli and Salmonella
- Clostridium difficult, Perfringans and Listeria
- Obesity and Metabolic Syndrome
- Lipids and CVD 1
- Lipids and CVD 2
- Asthma and Lung Disease
- Osteoporosis and Musculoskeletal disorders
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Web links
- Study guide
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
- Audio-Video streaming
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- OtherDetails -
This subject is offered via Open Universities Australia. La Trobe University students can undertake this subject as part of a cross institutional enrolment under certain circumstances, and must seek approval from the Bachelor of Food and Nutrition Course Coordinator for eligibility. Due to the nature of the subject content and online delivery, enrolments are generally not permitted past the published OUA enrolment date for the study period.
Please note: this subject was previously known as Nutrition and Disease.
In this subject, students will develop an understanding of the relationships between nutrition and disease. Students will explore key diseases in which nutritional factors have a role in the aetiology (as a platform for future studies in the prevention and management of nutrition-related diseases). Students will consolidate skills in critical appraisal of the scientific literature in relation to the pathophysiology of nutrition-related disease.
- 3 x 45 minute quizzes (60%)
- 700 word written report (15%)
- 1200 word written assignment (25%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more:
Textbook information is pending.