Enhance your training and development skills and explore how they'd apply in a modern organisation.
Devise, develop and critique your own training session plan. Research training models that foster individual, group and organisational learning.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 01 Mar 2021
With a network of campuses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from more than 122 countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge into adult learning theories, training and development processes, problem-solving, analysis and practical applications in the area.
- Undertake an effective training needs analysis (TNA) to ensure that training is learner focused and achieves desired organisational outcomes
- Plan, design and develop an informative and engaging training session which has positive impact on individuals and the organisation
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a training session
- Demonstrate professionally relevant Human Resource Development (HRD) skills by analysing contemporary HRD organisational problems and applying relevant HRD solutions
- Strategic HR training and development
- Training needs assessments
- Learning theories and program design
- Training methods
- Transfer of training
- Training evaluation
- Development and organisational applications
- Special issues in training and development
- Careers and career management
- Future of HR Training and Development
- Cases in HR Training and Development
- Review of unit and assessment preparation
This subject aims to develop theoretical understanding and practical skills in the training and development process. Throughout this subject, students will examine various theories, models and concepts that relate to individual, group and organisational learning. Students will then utilise this scholarly insight to inform development of a practical assessment that will enable students to analyse, design, develop and evaluate their very own training session. More broadly, this subject also explores the critical issues of training and skills development within today's organisations as they strive to meet their changing needs in a competitive environment.
In order to develop a range of skills that are increasingly important in professional work, group work will also form part of one of the assessment items in this subject.
- Assignment 2 (50%)
- Online Exam (30%)
- Assignment 1 (20%)
Training and Development: Learning for Sustainable Management 2 Ed. eBook
Noe, R., & Winkler, C.
Training and Development: Learning for Sustainable Management 2 Ed. Hard Copy
Noe, R., & Winkler, C.