- Strategic HR T & D
- Needs assessments
- Learning Theories and Program Design
- Training Methods
- Unit review and assessment preparation
- Transfer of training
- Training evaluation
- Development and organisational applications
- Special issues in training and development
- Careers and career management
- Future of HR Training and Development
- Cases in HR Training and Development
- Review of unit
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Web links
Please note: This subject is currently only taking enrolments for SP1 in 2018.
This subject aims to develop theoretical understanding and practical skills in the training and development process. Throughout this subject, students will examine various theories, models and concepts which relate to individual, group and organisational learning. Students will then utilise this scholarly insight to inform a practical assessment which will enable students to analyse, design, develop and evaluate their very own training session. More broadly this subject also explores the critical issues of training and skills development within society and today's organisations as they strive to meet the changing needs of their competitive environments.
In order to develop a host of skills that are increasingly important in the professional work, group work will also form part of one of the assessments in this subject.
- Assignment 2 (50%)
- Invigilated Exam (30%)
- Assignment 1 (20%)
Textbooks are not required.
Bachelor of Business
- Business Introductory Core Subjects
- Major in Human Resource Management
- Major in Management
- Major in Contemporary Marketing
- Major in International Hotel Management (Last year of offer 2018)