Sports Psychology for Coaches
Find the overlap between sport coaching and the principles of psychology.Learn how psychological techniques are used to boost athletic motivation and performance. Think about goal setting. Examine the place self-confidence has in the sporting arena.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
With a network of campuses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from more than 122 countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject student will be able to:
- develop knowledge and an understanding of psychological skills used by sport coaches to enhance athlete performance
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the role of psychology in sport and exercise
- use appropriate techniques to identify and understand the specific needs of individuals in athletic settings.
- Coaching communication
- Mental skills training
- Goal setting
- Imagery, visualisation and relaxation
- Self talk
- Ways of enhancing motivation
- Energy management
- Stress management
- Self confidence
- Mental plans
- Mental skills training programs
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
No special requirements
- Reflective Paper 1 (20%)
- Reflective Paper 4 (20%)
- Reflective Paper 2 (20%)
- Reflective Paper 3 (20%)