Sports Nutrition for Coaches
Field questions about the nutritional habits of athletes and the relationship between eating and exercise.Investigate weight management and muscle building. Zero in on the importance of protein and carbohydrates in structuring an athlete's meal plan.
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
With a network of campuses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from more than 122 countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- describe the essential components of food
- determine and source the protein needs of athletes
- select appropriate foods to provide the carbohydrate requirements of athletes
- define the roles of vitamins and minerals in health and performance
- select appropriate fluids for hydration, cooling and energy
- advise athletes on foods and drinks before, during and after exercise
- describe the roles of nutritional supplements in performance
- develop appropriate strategies for muscle building and weight gain
- determine relevant strategies for fat burning and weight loss
- describe appropriate nutrition for specific sports.
- Nutrition and fuel systems for sport
- Protein for growth and maintenance
- Carbohydrate for energy
- Vitamins and minerals for health and performance
- Liquids for hydration, cooling and energy
- Eating before, during and after exercise
- Digestion and timing of meals
- Nutritional supplements
- Muscle building and weight gain strategies
- Fat burning and weight loss strategies
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
No special requirements
- Online Postings (20%)
- Onlines Quizzes (40%)