Rooms Division Management
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
With a network of campuses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from more than 122 countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Critically evaluate management issues that are relevant to the Rooms Division operation of a hotel/resort, including front office operations, yield management techniques, managing service quality, employee recruitment and training, housekeeping, property maintenance and sustainability.
- Calculate and interpret operational data for a hotel/resort and use the results to make informed decisions about tactics.
- The hotel industry context and hotel structures
- Managing guest service
- Global reservations technologies, including distribution and revenue management
- Individual reservations and group bookings
- Forecasting availability and overbooking
- Room rate structures
- Financial management, inc. guest folios, cash and credit
- Housekeeping management, inc. environment & sustainability.
- Hotel Technology, safety and security
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
- Online Quiz (20%)
- Case Analyses (40%)