Performance Analysis for Sports Coaches
Know how athletes learn and build up their skills. Familiarise yourself with coaching intervention strategies. Play with Dartfish movement analysis software.Pull apart performance analysis practices and learn how to apply them to specific athletes.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
With a network of campuses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from more than 122 countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of important principles applying to the acquisition and modification of skill in sports
- adapt and apply knowledge concerning the assessment of skilled performance and/or the manipulation of practise conditions to enhance learning of skilled performance
- critically evaluate performance evaluation practices for their sport, using recognised performance procedures and protocols
- be able to adjust evaluation procedures according to individual differences between athletes
- demonstrate proficiency in the application of biomechanical principles to analyzing skills
- competently use notational analysis systems to investigate sports performance.
- INTRODUCTION: Background to skills and performance assessment strategies
- HOW ATHLETES LEARN SKILLS
- HOW TO CLASSIFY SPORT SKILLS
- INDIVIDUAL DIFFERENCES IN ACQURING AND PERFORMING SPORT SKILLS
- LEARNING STAGE THEORIES FOR SKILL AQUISTION
- KEY BIOMECHANIC CONCEPTS FOR ANALYZING SKILL PERFORMANCE
- SKILLS ASSESSMENT TOOLS ¿ NOTATIONAL AND COMMERCIAL SKILLS ASSESSMENT VIDEO SOFTWARE
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
No special requirements
- Three Application assignment (50%)
- Ten Duacussion Forums (25%)
- Six Online quizzes (25%)