- What is organisational behaviour
- Attitudes and perceptions
- Personality and values
- Emotions and moods
- Group behaviour and work teams
- Power and politics
- Conflict and negotiation
- Organisational culture
- Organisational stress management
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Visual equipment
Organisational Behaviour focuses on human behaviour within organisational contexts. This enables an understanding of the self and others within the workplace and the subsequent impact on organisational effectiveness. The course focuses on principles, approaches, and theories of workplace behaviour in relation to individuals, groups and organisational contexts with the aim of students developing greater understanding of complex organisational issues and solving relevant workplace problems.
The central questions are:
- What are the key theories and approaches that help us to understand organisational behaviour?
- How can we apply these key theories and approaches to better understand ourselves and organisational issues?
The course therefore has relevance to the present and future work of all students. Furthermore, the course provides an important contribution to personal and career development for students and is the basis for future careers in areas such as HRM, management, change management, training and development, and other leadership roles.
- Assignment (40%)
- Invigilated Exam (40%)
- Quizzes (20%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more:
Textbook information is pending.