Marketing & Sales for Hotels
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Subjects may require attendance
With a network of campuses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from more than 122 countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Understand the role of the marketing department in positioning and communicating a hotel's brand in line with effective segmentation strategies.
- Analyse tourism experiences and hotel marketing practices in order to critique strategy.
- Translate strategy into action by suggesting solutions to marketing related problems in a hotel setting through an understanding of the role and interdependence of selected elements of the marketing mix.
- Evaluate the importance of tourism as an economic driver and demonstrate and understanding of the role of Destination Marketing Organisations (DMOs) and government in marketing destinations.
- Intro to Tourism and Hotel Marketing
- Destination Marketing and Marketing Strategy
- Branding and the Customer Experience
- Tourism Markets
- Travel Decision-Making and Group Buying Behaviour
- Digital Marketing and Technology
- Selling Tourism and Hotel Experiences: Communication, Promotions and Advertising
- Distribution Channels and Pricing Strategies
- Public Relations and Sales
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
- Written Assignment (30%)
- Online Quiz (20%)