Management Skills for Sports Coaches
Get to grips with the basics of organisational design, public relations and international sport regimes. Deal with conflict resolution and negotiation techniques.View the world of sports coaching through the lens of human resource management.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
With a network of campuses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from more than 122 countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- understand and apply specific conceptual elements of organisational theory and human resource management in coaching organisations
- apply conceptual understanding to the design of coaching organisations, to understand how organisation structures change, and how to deal with that change
- identify, reflect on and consider application of skills that deal with management matters and negotiation/conflict resolution techniques.
- Introduction to management concepts
- Communication strategies
- Social relations
- Managing conflict
- Leadership effectiveness
- Establishing goals and plans
- Managerial decision-making
- Problem solving and analysis
- Ethics and social responsibility
- Empowering and delegating
- Organisational culture
- Organisational change and development
- External environmental factors
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
No special requirements