Knowledge-Based Management in Asia
Spot the trade, investment and currency links between countries in the Asia Pacific region. Study their political, cultural, legal and economic environments.Get a sense of the cross-border management challenges that face multinationals in the region.
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
With a network of campuses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from more than 122 countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
At the completion of this subject students should be able to:
- develop specialised knowledge of cross-border management in the Asia Pacific.
- demonstrate the cognitive skills to investigate, analyse and synthesise relevant literature on cross-border management in the Asia Pacific advanced during the subject and compare the findings with recent developments in Asia Pacific businesses and corporations.
- learn key management skills that lead to successful cross-border management in the diverse Asia Pacific economies.
- identify opportunities and threats offered by the different Asia Pacific economies for Australian businesses.
- establish a strategy from an Australian perspective as to how to maximise perceived opportunities and minimise perceived threats when managing business across diverse economies in the Asia Pacific.
- Part 1: Cross-border Linkage in the Asia Pacific
- Introduction: Globalization and the Asia Pacific
- Cross-border trade in the Asia Pacific
- Cross-border investment in the Asia Pacific
- Foreign exchange in the Asia Pacific
- Part 2: Cross-border difference in the Asia Pacific
- Cross-border difference in political and legal environment
- Cross-border difference in economic environment
- Cross-border difference in culture
- Part 3: Cross-border Management in the Asia Pacific
- Cross-border strategy and organization
- Cross-border market entry and alliance
- Cross-border marketing
- Cross-border production and logistics
- Cross-border human resource management
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
No special requirements
This subject discusses knowledge-based management in the Asia Pacific region. It consists of three parts. The first part is about knowing the linkages among countries in the region in trade, investment and currency, and regional economic integration as represented by APEC. The second part is about knowing the differences between countries in the region in political and legal environment, economic environment and culture. The third part is about knowing the management challenges faced by multinational enterprises in dealing with the linkages and differences in the region, including cross-border strategy, cross-border market entry, cross-border marketing, cross-border human resource management, and cross-border production. The subject presents a framework in which cross-border management issues in the region can be analysed.
- Assignment 1 (30%)
- Case Study (30%)
- Business Report (40%)