- There will be no formal subject topics/modules. Any subject work will be driven by the focus of the student's project & with guidance from their supervisor.
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
You cannot enrol in this unit if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- GRF-COM22-New Media: Communications in the Electronic Age
- GRF-CMM16-New Communication Technologies
Before you enrol in this subject, you must ensure that you have completed at least one of your chosen major sequences.
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Visual equipment
- OtherDetails -
- Additional materials
HUM33 should be one of the last subjects you study within your degree and you should have at least completed a major sequence before starting this subject. Independent Project allows you to undertake a project based on an area of interest from within one of your majors and allows you the flexibility to choose a topic that inspires you and connects to your future plans.
Working with your tutor/mentor, you will develop your own mini research project, creative project and exegesis or you can organise work experience (the placement and insurance must be organised before the start of the Study Period) and can use this to produce part of your assessable work in conjunction with an exegesis.
Please note: This subject was previously known as COM33 - Communications Project.
- Assignment 1 - Review (20%)
- Assignment 2 - Proposal (20%)
- Assignment 3 - Online Discussion (20%)
- Assignment 4 - Project (40%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject