- Strategic role and nature of service operations
- HOTS overview and introduction
- Marketing strategy (advertising decisions, distribution and rate strategy)
- HR Management (Staffing, compensation and training)
- Operations management ( refurbishment and EMS)
- Financial management
- Revenue management and revenue management strategies
- Hotel industry analytical foundations, bench-marking and performance reports
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
Note: Level 3 subjects normally assume a moderate level of prior knowledge in this area, e.g. from studying related Level 1 and 2 subjects or other relevant experience.
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Visual equipment
Please note: This subject was previously known as HSL315.
The hotel industry is a growing industry within Australia and internationally. As a result, Hotel Service Operations Management is vital in ensuring the long-term sustainability of hotels. This is achieved through maximising revenue, achieving high quality products and services, and integrating technology. This degree uses a learning application "HOTS", which is a business management simulation based on the redevelopment and management of a large hotel. The service-specific management concepts in the HOTS simulation draws on students' prior knowledge attained through marketing, management concepts, accounting for decision making, rooms divisions, food and beverage, and strategy and change degrees. This integration and application of knowledge offers students a distinctive learning experience.
- Assessment — HOTS Balanced Scorecard (30%)
- Invigilated Exam (50%)
- Quiz — Online Quiz (20%)
Textbook information is pending.