Hotel Service Operations Management
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
With a network of campuses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from more than 122 countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to: Learning Outcomes After successfully completing this subject, you should be able to:
- Critically evaluate and analyse the impact of decisions within business strategy, marketing and sales, finance, operations and human resource management on the financial operations of a hotel.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and an ability to apply theories or tools to the hospitality sector through problem solving.
- Develop group communication skills together with verbal and written communication skills, through the group decision making processes.
- Strategic role and nature of service operations.
- HOTS overview and introduction.
- Marketing strategy (advertising decisions, distribution and rate strategy)
- HR management (staffing, compensation and training)
- Operations management (refurbishment and EMS)
- Financial management.
- Revenue management and revenue management strategies.
- Hotel industry analytical foundations, benchmarking and performance reports.
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
- Online Quiz (20%)
- HOTS Balanced Scorecard (30%)