Economics for Decision Making 1
Your upfront cost: $0
- 19 Jul 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
After successfully completing this subject you should be able to:
- apply basic microeconomic concepts to gain insights into real-world economic issues, and to understand their significance as factors influencing individuals, businesses and governments decision-making process.
- utilize various macroeconomic concepts and apply them to gain insights into real-world economic issues, and to understand their significance as factors influencing individuals, businesses and governments decision-making process.
- develop generic problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Introduction to Economics
- Demand and Supply
- CPI & The Cost of Living
- Money and Inflation
- Aggregate Demand and Aggregate Supply
- Fiscal and Monetary Policies
- Productivity and Growth
- International Trade and Exchange Rate
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Visual equipment
The course introduces students to the basic concepts, techniques and principles of economics. It examines the role that economic factors can play in influencing business and government decision-making processes. This course serves as an introduction to economics. As such, it provides a foundation for further studies in economics and, more generally, in commerce, business, administration and management. In particular, it complements other courses in economics, accounting, finance, marketing and management that focus on how various business and government activities occur and interact.
- Online Quiz (20%)
- Written Assignment (50%)
- Online Quiz (30%)
Current study term: 18 Jul 21 to 15 Oct 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.
Bachelor of Business
- Business Introductory Core Subjects
- Major in Human Resource Management
- Major in Management
- Major in Contemporary Marketing