- Media theory: Theories of mass media: sociology and media studies perspectives
- Media audiences and effects: Media-person interactions
- Media and crime: What do we know? Theory and research
- Moral panics and the fear of crime
- Film and moving image
- Construction and production
- Identity and cyberspace
- Harassment, victimisation, and cyberspace
- Surveillance, crime and safety
- Media and the criminal justice system : Who uses whom?
- What's the point?
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
This is not an introductory subject, it is a second year subject. You must have a basic understanding of the first year criminology subjects.
No special requirements
- Major Essay (50%)
- Online Quiz/s (20%)