Corporate Governance in the Asia Pacific
Weigh Asian corporate governance best practice approaches against those in Australia and the west.Debate some of the newer business models to emerge in the Asia Pacific region. Assess how they stack up against the challenges of global competition.
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
With a network of campuses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from more than 122 countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Develop specialized knowledge of corporate governance in the Asia Pacific.
- Demonstrate the cognitive skills to investigate, analyse and synthesize relevant literature on corporate governance in Asia and compare the findings with recent developments in Asian businesses and corporations.
- Synthesize the current debate on corporate governance in the Asia Pacific.
Application of knowledge and skills:
- Compare Asian best practices in corporate governance to Australian/Western best practices.
- Identify opportunities and challenges offered by Asian approaches to corporate governance for Australian businesses.
- Introduction to corporate governance in the Asia Pacific: achievements and challenges.
- Globalisation and the ethical underpinnings of corporate governance
- Corporate governance and corporate social responsibility: similarities and differences
- Shareholders and stakeholders responsibilities
- The new Asian corporation
- Corporate Identity
- The shift to strategy
- The innovation factor
- Japan's corporate governance
- China's corporate governance
- India's corporate governance
- Overseas Chinese corporate governance
- The Asia Pacific and the new century: future prospects
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
No special requirements
Business leaders across the Asia Pacific adopt new business models in order to face the challenges of global competition.This degree addresses the current debates about corporate governance, assesses the impact of Western models of corporate governance in the Asia Pacific, and provides the much needed Asian perspectives on this issue.
It investigates the practices of corporate governance in different countries across Asia comparing diverging meanings given to corporate governance and the varying degrees of success experienced in different national environments. Discussing Asia's leading companies in corporate governance, the degree provides business people and managers with the knowledge to successfully enter Asia Pacific markets.
- Case Study (20%)
- Case Study 2 (20%)
- Essay (40%)
- Online Quiz (20%)