- Introduction to corporate governance in the Asia Pacific: achievements and challenges.
- Globalisation and the ethical underpinnings of corporate governance
- Corporate governance and corporate social responsibility: similarities and differences
- Shareholders and stakeholders responsibilities
- The new Asian corporation
- Corporate Identity
- The shift to strategy
- The innovation factor
- Japan's corporate governance
- China's corporate governance
- India's corporate governance
- Overseas Chinese corporate governance
- The Asia Pacific and the new century: future prospects
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
No special requirements
Business leaders across the Asia Pacific adopt new business models in order to face the challenges of global competition.This degree addresses the current debates about corporate governance, assesses the impact of Western models of corporate governance in the Asia Pacific, and provides the much needed Asian perspectives on this issue.
It investigates the practices of corporate governance in different countries across Asia comparing diverging meanings given to corporate governance and the varying degrees of success experienced in different national environments. Discussing Asia's leading companies in corporate governance, the degree provides business people and managers with the knowledge to successfully enter Asia Pacific markets.
- Case Study (20%)
- Case Study 2 (20%)
- Essay (40%)
- Online Quiz (20%)
Textbook information is pending.