- Introduction to the Business : Conferences and Conventions
- Planning, Organising, Directing & Control
- Key Industry Stakeholders A
- Key Industry Stakeholders B
- Linking Meeting Needs with Venues
- Program Planning and Management
- Budget, Financial & Legal Considerations
- Special Events & F&B Applications
- Conference and Convention Operations
- Marketing Promotion and Sponsorship
- Future Trends and Issues
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
Note: Level 3 subjects normally assume a moderate level of prior knowledge in this area, e.g. from studying related Level 1 and 2 subjects or other relevant experience.
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Visual equipment
Please note: This subject was previously known as HSL313.
The meetings industry has long been recognised as a major market sector in the tourism and hospitality industry, and the meetings or business event tourism sector industry is the fastest growing sector in the tourism industry. Its complex and diverse nature is represented in the diversity of operational aspects it covers: accommodation management; food and beverage management; tourism destination marketing; engineering and technical services; front office; facility marketing and sales; risk management and project management.
This subject contains group work. Students will be required to work in small groups to complete one of the written assessment tasks.
- Assignment 1 — Written Assignment (30%)
- Assignment 2 — Written Assignment (20%)
- Invigilated Exam (30%)
- Quiz — Online Quiz (20%)
Textbook information is pending.