Conference and Convention Management
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
With a network of campuses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from more than 122 countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Utilise effective communication skills to discuss the role, impact and significance of the MICE industry.
- Exhibit proficiency with respect to information literacy to be able identify the key stakeholders in the industry and explain their role in successful conference and convention management
- Understand the key areas for decision making with respect to conference and convention management and be able to demonstrate satisfactory levels of problem solving and critical evaluation skills relevant to such decision making.
- Comprehensively synthesise a range of interrelated issues to enable appropriate management action, through employment of effective problem solving and critical evaluation skills.
- Introduction to the Business : Conferences and Conventions
- Planning, Organising, Directing & Control
- Key Industry Stakeholders A
- Key Industry Stakeholders B
- Linking Meeting Needs with Venues
- Program Planning and Management
- Budget, Financial & Legal Considerations
- Special Events & F & B Applications
- Conference & Convention Operations
- Marketing Promotion and Sponsorship
- Future Trends and Issues
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
- Online Quiz (20%)
- Written Assignment (20%)
- Written Assignment (30%)