- Introduction to Globalization
- The political, legal and technological environment
- The role of culture in international management
- Cross-cultural communication and negotiation
- International strategic management
- Decision-making and controlling in an international context
- Ethics and social responsibility for MNCs
- Organizational behaviour across cultures
- International human resource management
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
Note: Level 2 subjects normally assume an introductory level of prior knowledge in this area, e.g. from studying related Level 1 subjects or other relevant experience.
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Visual equipment
Please note: This subject is currently only taking enrolments for SP2 in 2018.
This subject is focused upon the study of management in an international context. It examines and compares management practices of different types of organisations, across countries and cultures. The study of comparative management requires a basic understanding of organisational behaviour in a highly competitive global marketplace. The subject considers management functions and manager skills including similarities and differences between domestic and international management.
Students will be required to work in small groups and complete an oral presentation as part of one assessment task.
- Assignment 1 - Regional Overview Resource (45%)
- Assignment 2 - Client Interview (20%)
- Assignment 3 - Comparative Mgmt Analysis (35%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject