Communication and Interpersonal Skills
Consider the importance of interacting with clients, colleagues and stakeholders in the health and human services field.Appraise the processes used in interpersonal communication. See how your studies apply to one-on-one and group scenarios.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
With a network of campuses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from more than 122 countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
After successfully completing this subject students should be able to:
- Describe the major processes of interpersonal communication.
- Actively listen and receive information from others through verbal and non-verbal communication channels.
- Effectively communicate information to others.
- Manage interpersonal interactions.
- Interact appropriately with others in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Critically review your own behaviour in an interpersonal interaction.
- Integrate theory and practice in the analysis of interpersonal interactions.
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
- Communication Skills Critique (45%)
- Individual Analysis (50%)