Learn how improved computer technology is empowering the business sector. Interface with databases, security applications and information systems. Question the ethical considerations around using information services to gain competitive advantage.
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
With a network of campuses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from more than 122 countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- perform simple operations (creating, saving, retrieving files, basic spreadsheets, presentation, and database tasks) on a standard personal computer
- develop skills and tools for learning and knowledge management using Web 2.0 and social networking technology
- describe the requirements, analysis and basic information systems design for an organisation
- design, describe and explain a basic database system for a case study.
- MIS and You - IS in business, business processes and organisational strategy for competitive advantage
- Using information technology - hardware, software, database processing and communications
- Using IS for competitive advantage - business process management, digital commerce and Web 2.0, and IS for decision making
- Information systems management - development, systems and security management
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
- OtherDetails -
Word Processing, spreadsheet and database software (e.g. Word Processing, spread sheet and database software (e.g. Microsoft Office, Excel and Access (2007 and above preferred))
- Online Quizzes (20%)
- Skills Activities (20%)