Asian Business Systems
Cross continents and examine the characteristics that define many Asian firms and business markets.Explore how cultural and social capital influences business practices in Asia. Address countries such as Korea, Japan and India throughout your work.
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
With a network of campuses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from more than 122 countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Develop specialised knowledge of Asian business systems.
- Demonstrate the cognitive skills to investigate, analyse and synthesise relevant literature on Asian business systems advanced during the subject and compare the findings with recent developments in Asian businesses and corporations.
- Distinguish the key management and operational factors that lead to success or failure in the diverse Asian business systems.
Application of knowledge and skills:
- Identify opportunities and threats offered by the different Asian business systems for Australian businesses.
- Establish a strategy from an Australian perspective how to maximise perceived opportunities and minimise perceived threats when dealing with different business systems.
- Introduction to Asian business systems: an institutional perspective
- The colonial origins and development of Asian business systems
- The Role of the State in Asian Business systems
- Financial systems in Asia
- National R&D systems and technology development in Asia
- Culture and social capital in Asian business systems
- Japan's business groups: continuity and change
- The Korean chaebol and the state
- Business groups in Hong Kong and Taiwan
- The mainland China business system
- Business groups in India
- Ethnic Chinese business networks
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
No special requirements
- Strategic plan/Business plan (40%)
- Guided group blog with peers (30%)