Advanced Recruitment and Selection
Integrate your knowledge of the practices at the core of recruitment and selection.Gather together applicant assessment strategies. Look into the internal and external labour markets. See how social and legal factors drive the recruitment process.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 07 Jul 2019
With a network of campuses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from more than 122 countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- demonstrate coherent and integrated knowledge of the principles of recruitment and selection, including: HR planning and staffing strategy, employer branding and job markets, internal and external labour markets, job design and analysis, reliability, validity and utility of assessment techniques, applicant assessment strategies, selection decision-making, socialization and induction
- apply recruitment and selection theory and research to specific recruitment and selection practices
- discuss the organisational, social and legal contexts that shape recruitment and selection
- comment critically on the relationship of recruitment and selection practices to relevant theory and research.
- (a) Course overview (b) Strategic staff introduction
- (a) Business, HR, Staffing strategies and the Employment Value Proposition (b) Legal context
- Strategic job design/analysis and competency modelling
- Forecasting and Planning
- (a) Sourcing and identifying recruites (b) Recruiting
- Measurements in selection
- Assessing candidates - external and internal Part 1
- Assessing candidates - external and internal Part 2
- Choosing and hiring job candidates
- Managing workforce flow
- Staffing system evaluation and Technology
- Course review
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Visual equipment
The recruitment and selection of the best employees is central to organisational success. Recruitment and selection policies and practices are core processes within all organisations, across all industries and irrespective of country. Success and failure of organisations can often be attributed to strengths and weaknesses with the recruitment and selection process.
However, these activities need to be carried out within a legislative framework that increasingly influences our practice. This degree will provide you with an understanding of the activities involved in the more complex and difficult areas of recruitment and selection, from the viewpoint of a human resource practitioner and/or business manager.
- Essay (35%)
- Non-Invigilated Exam (20%)
- Report (45%)
Textbook information is pending.