Advanced Human Resource Development
Widen the scope of your human resource studies as you polish your HR skills.Assess individual, group and organisational human resource development needs. Take in advanced leadership theories. Look to the future of HR learning and development
Your upfront cost: $0
- 08 Jul 2019
With a network of campuses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from more than 122 countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate understanding of HR learning and development through application of theoretical frameworks, research findings and reflective insights.
2. Apply knowledge and understanding to the development of personal, interpersonal, group, and self-management skills in the HRD field
3. Apply knowledge and understanding to the development of professional HR skills.
4. Analyse organisational cases from HR learning and development perspectives and construct recommendations to effectively address issues with strong links to relevant theory and research.
- Nature and Scope of HRD
- Strategic HRD; Learning & Development Function
- Learning Theories; Working in Groups
- Needs Assessment; Design & Delivery of HRD
- Design & Delivery (cont); Evaluation of HRD
- Review & Application, weeks 1-5; E-Learning
- HRD & Diversity; Cross-Cultural HRD
- Workplace Language & Knowledge Management; HRD & Change
- Management, Leadership & Team Development
- Professional Development & Ethics
- Future of HR Learning & Development
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This subject provides the opportunity to develop professional HR skills through the examination and application of adult learning theories and frameworks to individual, group and organisational development needs and challenges. Learning and development processes, strategies, plans and costing frameworks are applied to the analysis of contemporary HR cases and problems. Content includes development of skills in training and facilitation processes, feedback and communication, strategic HRD, as well as consideration of the role of HR professionals in this area.
- Assignment 1 (30%)
- Assignment 2 (30%)
- Assignment 3 (40%)
Textbook information is pending.