Action Research in Middle Yrs
Complete an action research project that continues your proposal developed in Realising Sustainable Middle Years Reform. Implement, document and write a critical academic paper articulating the research project undertaken
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
With a network of campuses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from more than 122 countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- understand the different forms, traditions and techniques of action research
- apply social justice principles in the context of action research
- implement a successful action research project within their school/classroom
- write a critical academic paper articulating the research project undertaken.
- Research of their topic of interest over the course of the semester (independent study - facilitated by lecturer)
- Online research
- Students plan and implement an action research project in their classroom or school based on their research proposal developed in EDN703
- Students are expected to engage with the online lectures and materials to guide their learning in action research and writing the proposal
- Students use the resources provided to guide them in writing a final paper. This paper is an academic report of the research project
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
- OtherDetails -
- Additional materials
Students will complete an action research project in the context of their own workplace settings based on their research proposal developed in EDNY103(EDN703). Students will implement, document and write an academic report on the progress/findings of their project.
- Annotated Bibliography (20%)
- Research Paper (80%)