Writing for Performance
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- evaluate and critically discuss the basic principles of writing for performance.
- apply and experiment with various methods, devices and techniques commonly used in conceiving and developing performance texts.
- critically appraise works-in-progress and reflect on the constructive criticism of one’s own writing and/or staging.
- conceive, develop and complete two short performance texts.
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
An intermediate subject on the theory and practice of writing for performance, particularly the stage. Includes critical workshop discussion.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module
- Performance Text 1 (30%)
- Performance Text 2 (50%)
- Critical Evaluation (20%)