Warning! This unit contains mature content and may not be suitable for some students. Any student under the age of 16 who would like to enrol in this unit must first complete a Parental Consent Form.
- Italian Neorealism
- New Iranian Cinema
- Slow Cinema
- Ozu and the Everyday
- National Identity
- Third Cinema
- Cinema in Africa
- From National to Transnational
- Transnational Narratives & Connections
- Transnational Aesthetics & Auteurs
- Postcolonialism & Transnational Identity
- Diasporic Cinema
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
- Audio-Video streaming
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No special requirements
Introduction to the history, theory and analysis of alternative national and transnational cinemas, such as Asian, Australian, African and Latin American.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Visual Essay (30%)
- Assignment 2 - Journal (30%)
- Assignment 3 - Research Essay (40%)