Warning! This subjects requires on campus attendance. Refer to Special Requirements for more information.
Systems Analysis (On-campus)
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 26 Jul 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
- examine the business and societal context of systems analysis and design projects
- demonstrate and communicate the main concepts associated with managing information systems and their development
- apply appropriate techniques to construct and design conceptual data models, physical and logical process models, and functional models
- describe the principles, terminology and techniques of system analysis and design associated with the O-O paradigm
- demonstrate an appropriate understanding of academic & professional integrity principles and apply writing, referencing and acknowledgement conventions required for the discipline
- 1. Introduction to Information Systems Analysis and Design
- 2. Investigating System Requirements
- 3. Project Management, System Vision & Business Core
- 4. User stories and use cases
- 5. Data modelling, ERDs, Domain Model Class Diagrams
- 6. Use Case Specification / Modelling
- 7. CRUD Analysis, Data Dictionaries
- 8. Systems Design Overview & System Architecture Design
- 9. User Interface Design
- 10. Database Design
- 11. Approaches to System Management
No eligibility requirements
- AttendanceDetails - This unit is delivered on Curtin's Bentley Campus, in Perth Western Australia
This unit introduces students to the concepts and principles of systems analysis and design. Students will also be introduced to system analysis modelling tools and techniques from both traditional and object-oriented approaches.
1. Weekly Case Studies, 50 percent, ULOs assessed 1,2,3,5; 2. Final Examination, 50 percent, ULOs assessed 2,3,4.
- Weekly case studies (50%)
- Final Exam (50%)
Current study term: 25 Jul 21 to 12 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.