Sustainability Dissertation 1
Pose a key research question about sustainability and compose your dissertation. Work in consultation with your course supervisor. Achieve a thorough understanding of the background issues.Critically apply your findings to your writing.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 24 Feb 2019
- 25 Aug 2019
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- locate, interpret and collect a range of data relevant to a chosen research project
- categorise and critically analyse collected data
- organise and articulate a research problem.
- Framing a substantial original research project that is appropriate in scope and scale, including explicit research question(s)
- Developing an in-depth, critical understanding of a topic
- Backgrounding a project with conceptual development and literature analysis
- Conducting primary research (new knowledge) and secondary research (derived/desk-top/text-based)
- Research methods for qualitative and quantitative research
- Writing up research findings into a dissertation
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This subject was previously known as Advanced Individual Project 1.
A project determined in consultation with supervisor(s) relating to the student’s field of specialisation.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Ongoing Research (100%)
Textbooks are not required.
Textbook information is pending.