You are currently viewing the 2018 version of this course. Change to 2019
- Framing a substantial original research project that is appropriate in scope and scale, including explicit research question(s)
- Developing an in-depth, critical understanding of a topic
- Backgrounding a project with conceptual development and literature analysis
- Conducting primary research (new knowledge) and secondary research (derived/desk-top/text-based)
- Research methods for qualitative and quantitative research
- Writing up research findings into a dissertation
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This subject was previously known as Advanced Individual Project 1.
A project determined in consultation with supervisor(s) relating to the student’s field of specialisation.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Ongoing Research (100%)
Textbook information is pending.