- Introduction - Scenario Planning/Globalization
- Industry Structure and External Analysis/Strategic Decision Making
- Internal Analysis/Simulation – Decision 1
- Business-level strategy/Disruption and Transformation/Simulation – Decision 2
- Business Models/Implementation/Simulation – Decision 3
- Transient Advantage & Blue Ocean Strategy/Corporate Strategy/Simulation – Decision 4
- National Competitive Advantage/International Strategic Alliances/Simulation – Decision 5
- Entry Modes/Structuring Multinational Organizations/Simulation – Decision 6
- Cross-border management/Culture and learning in a Global Context
- Ethics and CSR in a Global Environment/Test
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Embedded Multimedia
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Streaming Multimedia
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Online assignment submission
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Audio-Video streaming
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This capstone subject focuses on the practice and concepts of strategic management to drive international business competitiveness through the introduction of appropriate theoretical models and frameworks. It allows students to develop a comprehensive understanding of the strategic drivers of competitiveness and the strategy process thatunderpins it. The subject maintains a close link and relevance to industry through guest lectures from industry leaders. In addition, research is embedded via a major individual project and research skills are developed through appropriate syndicate exercises.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Case Study (30%)
- Presentation (20%)
- Exercise (20%)
- Report (30%)
Textbook information is pending.