Strategic Project Management
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- assesses and recommend on a process of project scope management to a real project
- consider current issues in a Project Management Context
- assess and recommend the process of project risk management to a real project
- select a real world Project within a company and develop an influential scope statement
- assess, recommend and communicate scope management, time management, cost management, risk management, procurement management, communication management and human resource management.
- Projects & Project Management
- Initiation – Project Charter
- Scope Management
- Project Planning/Time Management
- Risk Management - Concepts
- Risk Management - Process
- Cost Management
- Human Resource Management
- Procurement Management
- Communication Management
- Quality Management
- Project Control
- Project Success
- Project Closing
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
In this subject students will demonstrate a high level of understanding in relation to the process of project management, which is a core business process of organisations. A number of project management aspects will be studied that will illustrate how certain processes help to execute and deliver a project in a logical and organised format. Students will also explore core concepts such as definition, life cycle and success of the project.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Initiation and Scope Management (40%)
- Test (20%)
- Risk Management (40%)