Strategic Brand Management
See how brands are built, from the basic elements through to marketing programs. Evaluate existing brands, extend them, and revitalise! Learn how to measure brand value. Consider global perspectives. Observe brands over time.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 01 Jun 2020
- 30 Nov 2020
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- develop a framework to identify and establish brand positioning and values to build customer based brand equity including global perspectives
- plan and implement brand marketing programs through integrated marketing communications and brand associations to build brand equity
- evaluate how a brand equity management system can capture customer mindset and enhance market performance through sources and outcomes of brand equity
- design specific strategies that focus around extending, revitalising and reinforcing existing brands to retain brand resonance (i.e. loyalty, attachment, community and engagement).
- demonstrate academic and professional integrity principles and apply writing, referencing and acknowledgement conventions required for the marketing discipline.
- Introduction to strategic brand management
- Building blocks of a brand
- Brand elements
- Measuring and capturing brand value
- Brand architecture strategies
- Leveraging and Extending Brands
- Managing brands over time
- Global branding strategies
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
In this subject, the concepts of advertising and marketing will be applied to branding. Topics and various strategies related to building, measuring, and managing a brand will be examined, including direct and indirect measures of brand equity, structures of desired brand knowledge, choice of brand elements, development of supporting marketing programs, and management of brands over time. It will also develop visual and verbal communication skills and work on real
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Post Entry Language Assessment (PELA) (Pass / Fail%)
- Mid-semester test (30%)
- Brand case study analysis (40%)
- Brand strategy development (30%)
The New Strategic Brand Management: Creating and Sustaining Brand Equity Long Term, 4th ed.
Strategic Brand Management: Building, Measuring, and Managing Brand Equity, 5th Global ed.
Kevin Lane Keller and Vanitha Swaminathan
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.