- A variety of topics explored through a Social Science lens
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Book of readings
- Audio-Video streaming
- Printable format materials
- Assignment 1 - Dossier Part 1 (25%)
- Assignment 2 - Article Analysis (15%)
- Assignment 3 - Research Essay (35%)
- Assignment 4 - Dossier Part 2 (25%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject
No eligibility requirements
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Visual equipment
The study of senses of place interrogates our understandings of identity, of home, of belonging and of not belonging. Places, our daily places, the places of our memories or our imaginings, are imbued with cultural, symbolic, collective and individual meanings, they are where we make and unmake community, they are the spaces within which we imagine, make and live our lives.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.