Science and Mathematics Teaching and Learning
Learn from experience and explore the science of constructivist theory. Reason with the idea of designing cognitive environments to support lifelong learning. Get critical and assess links between new information and prior knowledge. Self-evaluate.
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- explain constructivist theories of learning for conceptual change
- critically reflect on the significance of students' viewpoint in a learning situation and in the context of the theories of learning
- implement and evaluate a constructivist learning approach to teaching and learning
- explain and evaluate different models of understanding
- critically evaluate their own teaching and the type of understanding it promotes
- demonstrate an understanding of plagiarism, paraphrasing and the principles of Academic Integrity.
- Theories of learning
- Application of theories of learning
- Reflecting on teacher and learner understanding
- Self evaluation of teaching
- Critical reflection on your new perspectives
- Standard Media
- Web links
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
- Discussion Paper (35%)
- Lesson Planning and Critique (35%)
- Critical Reflection (30%)