Science and Mathematics Education Research Methods
Explore the educational research process in detail. Evaluate three major paradigms to appreciate their influence on research. Appraise the ethical obligations, relationships and responsibilities of the researcher and reflect on your own learning
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- discriminate the various components of the research process
- evaluate the three major research paradigms in educational research, and explain how they influence the research process
- critically evaluate the characteristics of different research methodologies and research methods, and apply this information to conceptualise a research design
- appraise the ethical obligations, relationships and responsibilities of a researcher during research, and apply this to the researcher's planned research
- critically and creatively reflect upon own learning process and challenges across the subject.
- An educational research framework
- Different research methods
- The role of the researcher
- How have I changed?
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Standard Media
- Web links
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
- Critical review (30%)
- Ethics report (30%)
- Critical self-reflection (10%)
- Research proposal (30%)