Science and Mathematics Education Evaluation Issues
Gain an overview of assessment for teaching. Study teacher made tests, standards and outcome based education, wide scale national testing, ethical and equity aspects of assessment and social issues in assessment.
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- identify personal values, those of the literature, and those of the educational system or the society in which students function as a teacher
- explain and evaluate a wide variety of central issues, principles and types of assessment methods
- implement the principles or types of assessment in a practical setting such as a classroom or school
- assess and evaluate a variety of information representing various viewpoints on the topic of assessment in a specialised area
- present and communicate ideas in an academic and scholarly fashion.
- Assessment values
- Assessment methods
- Principles and types of assessment
- Viewpoints of assessment in specialised areas
- Practical assessment
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
- Reflective journal (20%)
- Assessment practices (40%)