- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials.
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Assignment 1 - Quiz (25%)
- Assignment 2 - Records Management Centre (25%)
- Assignment 3 - Commercial Storage Facility (25%)
- Assignment 4 - Brochure (25%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject
You cannot enrol in this unit if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
No special requirements
An introduction to the concepts and practice of efficient, effective and accountable recordkeeping in a variety of organisational contexts. Includes records and recordkeeping; recordkeeping systems and programs or frameworks; life cycle and continuum theory; and basic processes such as correspondence control, reports management, records classification, records housing and storage, appraisal, retention and disposal. Including the management of quality records and controlled documents.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.