- Overview of Poor Building Quality and Quality Management
- Cost of Quality
- Key Components of Quality Management
- Statistics in Quality Control
- The Quality Manager
- Total Management Quality
- Introduction to Quality Standards for Construction Industry
- Other ways to Achieve Improvement
- Implementing Quality Management Systems
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
Note: Level 3 subjects normally assume a moderate level of prior knowledge in the area, eg from completing all Level 2 subjects or relevant experience.
No special requirements
An examination of the importance of quality to the construction industries in Australia and internationally. The background, principles, components and frameworks of quality and various influential global quality management approaches will be explored and students will apply standards, produce quality management system documentation, audits and certification to industry based scenarios.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Group Presentation (30%)
- Case Study (30%)
- Report (40%)
Textbook information is pending.