Quality in Construction
Inspect the importance of quality construction. Study quality control and global management methods. Consider costs, and interpret and justify international standards. Relate quality principles to work and industry. Create process maps and procedures.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Apply for 2019
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- relate the principles and components of quality and quality management to life and work experiences
- justify the importance of effectively applying quality and quality management in the construction industry
- interpret the requirements of international standards for quality management systems
- create documentation for a quality management system, including process maps and procedures.
- Overview of Poor Building Quality and Quality Management
- Cost of Quality
- Key Components of Quality Management
- Statistics in Quality Control
- The Quality Manager
- Total Management Quality
- Introduction to Standards for Construction Industry
- Other ways to Achieve Improvement
- Implementing Quality Management Systems
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
Note: Level 3 subjects normally assume a moderate level of prior knowledge in the area, eg from completing all Level 2 subjects or relevant experience.
No special requirements
An examination of the importance of quality to the construction industries in Australia and internationally. The background, principles, components and frameworks of quality and various influential global quality management approaches will be explored and students will apply standards, produce quality management system documentation, audits and certification to industry based scenarios.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Case Study (30%)
- Group Presentation (30%)
- Report (40%)
Bachelor of Applied Science Construction Management
- Level 1 Open Subjects
- Level 2 Subjects
- Level 3 Subjects
- Level 4 Subjects - Professional
- Level 4 Subjects - Honours