- Preparing for a placement experience
- Attaining and reflecting on placement experience
- Development of a professional portfolio
- Completion of a 100 hour placement
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Assignment 1 - Professional portfolio A (35%)
- Assignment 2 - Professional portfolio B (50%)
- Assignment 3 - Placement assessment and feedback (15%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject
No eligibility requirements
- PlacementDetails - Includes Placement
This subject is the application of discipline-specific knowledge and skills during a relevant professional placement within their specific discipline area. Development of professionalism, multicultural communication skills, and understanding of occupational health and safety and ethics in the workplace.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.