Leadership for the Clinical Context
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- apply clinical leadership theories to critically analyse clinical governance and patient safety within the health care setting
- propose and evaluate new ways of using patient safety knowledge to improve quality and safety of patient care in clinical settings
- integrate resource management theory in the clinical management of a health care setting
- evaluate strategic direction and clinical leadership models of care in professional practice in clinical settings
- demonstrate an appropriate understanding of academic integrity principles and apply academic writing, referencing and acknowledgement conventions required for discipline
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
This subject consists of the application of leadership theories to clinical governance of a health service. The subject integrates theory, science, tools and methods in clinical governance, safety and risk, human factors and quality improvement essential for effective clinical leadership of health services. The topic areas include clinical governance, patient safety and mitigation methods to identify, assess and manage clinical risk issues in health care organisations, models of care, health staffing and resource management.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
- Critical Review (30%)
- Presentation (30%)
- Case Study (40%)