- Helpful Tools for Modelling in Microsoft Excel
- Time Value of Money I
- Time Value of Money II
- Capital Budgeting
- Choosing a Discount Rate
- Statistics for Portfolios
- CAPM and SML
- SML and Investment Performance
- Bond Valuation
- Valuing Stocks
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No special requirements
This subject develops the rationale and spreadsheet techniques in using the Microsoft Excel. Topics covered include: time value of money, capital budgeting, weighted average cost of capital, statistical analysis and portfolio theory.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
The new CRIS (Curtin Remote Invigilation System) will be used for this unit’s test and exam. Student will need to use the system which monitors their camera/microphone as well as monitors their desktop activity during the duration of the exam.
- Financial Analysis Project (25%)
- Online Test (25%)
- Online Examination (School Invigilated) (50%)
Textbook information is pending.
Bachelor of Business
- Major in Economics (THIS MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Major in Finance (THIS MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Major in Information Systems
- Major in Marketing
- Co-Major in Economics (for Finance students) (THIS CO-MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Co-Major in Economics (not for Finance students) (THIS CO-MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Co-Major in Finance (cannot be taken with the Finance or Economics Major) (THIS CO-MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Co-Major in Finance (for Economics students) (THIS CO-MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Co-Major in Information Systems
- Co-Major in Marketing (cannot be taken with the Marketing Major)