- Health economics
- Introduction and overview
- Macroeconomics and market failure in health care
- Microeconomics and market failure in health care
- Options for health sector funding
- Economic evaluation of health care
- Purchasing health care
- Methods of payment to medical care providers
- Provider planning and costing
- Option appraisal and the private sector
- Resources and Links
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
This subject includes an introduction to economic analysis in health care; the demand for health care; the supply of health care; markets, market failure and the role of government in health care; health care financing arrangements; equity in health care; and economic evaluation in health care.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Presentation (35%)
- Assignment 2 - Report (25%)
- Assignment 3 - Invigilated Exam (40%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject