- Introduction to Accounting and Management
- Management Decision Making: Capital Expenditure and Special Order
- Management Decision Making: Budgeting and Cash Management
- Business Sustainability
- Accounting Cycle I: Recording Business Transaction and Accounting for Service Entities
- Accounting Cycle II: Accounting for Retail Entities and Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Accounting Cycle III: End of Period Adjustments and Closing Entries
- Financial Statements of Companies
- Accounting Information Systems and Internal Control
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Embedded Multimedia
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Streaming Multimedia
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Audio-Video streaming
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
No special requirements
This subject was previously known as Introduction to Accounting.
Distinguishing different business structures; strategic business planning; introductory budgeting; basic accounting concepts and applications; accounting records; working capital; financial statements; sustainability; tactical decision making.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Mid Semester Test (25%)
- Online Workbook (25%)
- Final Invigilated Examination (50%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more:
Textbook information is pending.
Bachelor of Commerce Business Law
- Major Subjects
Bachelor of Commerce Accounting
- Level 2 Major Subjects
- Level 3 Major Subjects