Warning! This subject requires you to do a practical placement, please see Special Requirements for more information.
Information Services Professional Practicum
Extend your real-world information services experience even further with a three-week placement. Meet the challenges of practicing records management. Complement your practicum by studying managerial expectations in a professional setting
Your upfront cost: $0
Online and other materials
- 30 Aug 2021
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- contextualise professional and managerial expectation of information services
- synthesise theories, principles and standards in information services through professional experience
- demonstrate understanding of professional and managerial requirements for information professionals by successfully completing practicum placements
- demonstrate understanding of the required interpersonal skills and qualities in an information service
- create a digital object that demonstrates understanding of professional technology, standards and practice in information services.
- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials.
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- PlacementDetails - This subject is a professional experience in an information service environment through a three-week full-time practicum placement organised by the Department of Information Studies.
This subject is a professional experience in an information service environment through a three-week full-time practicum placement, organised by the Department of Information Studies. Degreework includes consideration and discussion of practice in records, archives and library services.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Exercise (50%)
- Practical (Pass/Fail%)
- Digital Object Creation (50%)
Current study term: 29 Aug 21 to 28 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.