- The role and objectives of EIA & HIA
- HIAs in Australia
- The value of integrating health with environmental impact assessments
- The HIA process: the preliminary stage
- The HIA process: risk assessment
- Health risk management and implementation
- HIA report preparation and evaluation
- Improvements in the HIA and EIA processes
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
This subject will explore the field of Health Impact Assessment. The subject will describe the historical background and development of the Health Impact Assessment discipline. Students will be encouraged to think critically about how health impact assessments inform evidence-based decision making for policy-, project- and plan development. Case studies and investigations of Health Impact Assessment will ensure students are capable of integrating their knowledge into real-world scenarios. Integrated and holistic methods for impact assessments will be discussed.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Short position paper (20%)
- Assignment 2 - Health Impact Assessment Case (35%)
- Assignment 3 - Invigilated Exam (45%)