- Historical Perspectives in HPE Development
- The Health and Physical Education (HPE) Curriculum
- Health Promoting Schools
- Health Education
- Motor Development
- Skill Acquisition and Classification in Physical Education
- Fundamental Movement Skills
- Physical Fitness
- Game Sense and TGFU
- Class Management and Safety in Physical Education
- Teaching for Inclusivity in HPE
- Assessment in HPE
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
- Audio-Video streaming
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
You don't have to enrol in this subject if you have completed EDP360 Physical and Health Education as they are considered equivalents.
No special requirements
This subject introduces students to the Health and Physical Education subject area as it applies to primary school education in the Australian context. The historical development of the subject both in Australia and abroad is explored. Students develop an appreciation for the factors, both political and societal, that dictate the relative importance of Health and Physical Education within the school curriculum. Health promotion is emphasised as a lifelong attribute best engendered in a holistic school, home and community approach. Physical Education topics include motor development, skill acquisition, movement skills, components of fitness, spatial awareness and games-based teaching models.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- eTest (15%)
- Lesson Plans (40%)
- Report (45%)
Textbook information is pending.
Bachelor of Education Primary Education
- Open Subjects - Level 1
- Restricted Subjects - Level 2
- Restricted Subjects - Level 3
- Restricted Subjects - Level 4
- Restricted Subjects - Level 4 Internship