Global Marketing Management
Get to grips with marketing principles and applications as you work collaboratively through a real life client case study. Dive into key models and concepts, and understand how marketing decisions can impact business practices.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 02 Mar 2020
- 31 Aug 2020
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- examine the wider role of marketing within the firm, business and society taking into consideration ethics and corporate social responsibility
- work independently and in teams to develop solutions to ‘real life’ business marketing situations
- examine key marketing models and concepts and how these help guide a firm’s business practices
- investigate current issues in marketing environments and their impact upon employment trends
- compare and contrast the challenges and opportunities of marketing both locally and internationally utilising a ‘real client’ case study
- demonstrate academic and professional integrity principles and apply writing, referencing and acknowledgement conventions required for the marketing discipline.
- Introduction to Marketing: Creating customer value and satisfaction
- Client Introduction: Guest Speaker
- Digital Marketing: Marketing Ethics, Sustainability & CSR
- Analysing the Marketing Environment
- Consumer Behaviour: Segmenting, targeting & Positioning
- Marketing Research
- Product and Branding decisions
- Developing new products: Supply chain, channel management & Retail
- IMC, Advertising & PR
- Services: The intangible product
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Virtual Classroom
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Audio-Video streaming
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This subject introduces students to the marketing discipline, the marketing environment and the key application of marketing principles. In this subject students work with real clients in a ‘work integrated learning’ environment.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Client Brief (35%)
- Case Study (30%)
- Presentation and Project Report (35%)
Grewal, D. et al.
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.