Food Safety and Hygiene (On-campus)
Your upfront cost: $0
16 weeks weeks
- 26 Jul 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
- evaluate the management of food-borne disease outbreaks and synthesise the information obtained to develop strategies to manage unsatisfactory outcomes in food premises
- conduct desktop food safety audits for food safety programs and food production systems for compliance with quality and hygiene principles
- design, implement and evaluate food safety programs using Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point principles (HACCP) in accordance with national and international standards
- 1. Monitoring the food environment & interpretation of results – (Product Testing Data).
- 2. Monitoring the food environment and interpretation of results – (Env Monitoring Data)
- 3. Advances in food microbiology and predictive microbiology
- 4. Introduction to GMP/HACCP based Food Safety Programs/ISO 9001
- 5. Developing a HACCP based food safety plan.
- 6. HACCP System
- 7. Supporting programs and auditing
- 8. Auditing – Introduction to Auditing
- 9. Investigation of food borne illness
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Food borne pathogens and the epidemiology of food-borne illness. Procedures for monitoring, food recall and general procedures of food hygiene. Food safety programs, design, application and review processes. The principles and application of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP). Auditing HACCP based food safety programmes. Local, national and international standards, statutes and codes.
1. Adequacy Audit, 35 percent, ULOs assessed 2; 2. HACCP Report, 35 percent, ULOs assessed 1,2,3; 3. Final Examination, 30 percent, ULOs assessed 1,3.
Current study term: 25 Jul 21 to 12 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.