- Introduction - Accounting; Regulatory Framework ; Corporate Governance
- The Statement of Financial Position (or Balance Sheet): Assets, Liabilities and Equity
- The Statement of Financial Performance: Accounting for Revenue and Expenses
- Introduction to Limited Companies
- The Statement of Cash Flows
- Analysis & Interpretation of Financial Reports Profitability, Efficiency, Liquidity, Gearing and Investment Analysis
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Sustainability Accounting
- Cost Management: Cost Behaviour and CVP Analysis (part 1)
- Cost Management: Cost Behaviour and CVP Analysis (part 2)
- Full Costing
- Budgeting for Planning and Control; and Projection of Financial Statements
- Practical Activities and Revision
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
- Audio-Video streaming
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
Develop a strong foundation in financial management for managers and professionals without formal business qualifications. Increase knowledge regarding a company's reported financial position, including practical methods to assess its liquidity, profitability and financial security, which also considers social and environmental reporting issues. Examine management’s use of internal accounting information to enable the effective guidance and control of their organisations, and improved decision making in a changing business environment.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Test 1 (25%)
- Research Project Report (35%)
- Final Test (40%)
Textbook information is pending.
Master of Business Administration MBA
- Leadership Major Subjects
Graduate Certificate in Business
- Business Leadership Stream