- Introduction to Evidence Based Practice & developing a clinical question
- Performing a structured search for evidence
- Critical appraisal of the evidence
- Reviewing the literature and presenting the evidence
- Translating and utilising evidence in practice
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Book of readings
- Audio-Video streaming
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This subject will explore issues in practice; critically appraise and synthesise evidence for practice using established hierarchies. Interpret the impact of national and state policy and standards in health care; incorporate continuous quality improvement; and propose strategies to enable translation of evidence into practice.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Essay 1 (40%)
- Essay 2 (60%)
Textbook information is pending.